53 Healthy Food Substitutions
There are hundreds of healthy food substitutions, however it is a lot more beneficial to get into the mindset that food substitutions are not forbidden, but you should rather cut them out slowly and replace with healthy snacks. The list of healthy food substitutions below should be preferred to all pre-packaged snacks you can buy.
The list of 53 healthy food substitutions ONLY describes the first ten healthy food substitutions. Because of the extra space required to itemize and describe each of the 53 health alternatives, we have just listed the remaining 43 healthy substitutions after the explanation of the first ten.
1. Black beans for flour
Black beans can be swapped for flour cutting out all the gluten in your diet and fitting in an often much needed dose of digestible protein. Simply swap out 1 cup of flour for a cup of black bean puree (15oz can).
2. Quick & Easy Kale Chips
Kale chips will be the healthiest snacks you can eat. Simply fry kale leaves in olive oil so they are coated, a little salt and pepper to taste is super easy, and will take you only 20 minutes from start to finish.
3. Baked Cinnamon Apple-chips
Apple chips are crunchy and sweet. They’re baked and not fried, which means less calories. Ideally you should use organic apples with cinnamon to taste.
4. Anti-Inflammatories Gummy Snack
Using a range of options these gummy snacks are anti-inflammatories that help to curb inflammation everywhere in the body. If you use citrus juice and raw honey with some gelatin plus turmeric and ginger.
5. Zucchini Chips
Zucchini chips make a much healthier snack to replace potato chips offering added nutrition. Simply slice the Zucchini into nice round pieces and dust them with seasonings you like, making Ranch Zucchini chips or BBQ Zucchini chips by simply changing the seasoning you use.
6. Energy Bars
Making your own energy bars once a week with a mix of fruits, seeds, and seeds which will keep without needing to be refrigerated for a long time.
7. Spiced Butternut Chips
Crispy and crunchy spiced butternut chips using normal gingerbread seasoning tastes great with a LOT less carbs and calories than potato chips.
8. Gummi Orange Slices
These yummy orange-flavored snacks are great anytime, using of grass-fed gelatin.
9. Jalapeno Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are the healthiest seeds to eat, they taste good and are loaded with good nutrients when roasted in olive oil using the paprika and the salt added to help stick onto the seeds to get flavor.
10. Chocolate-Frosted Donuts
These will replicate chocolate Hostess donuts, by replacing them with wholesome alternatives like medjool dates, coconut flour and eggs, all made without any sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil or trans-fat and wheat flour.
11. Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
12. Eggplant Jerky
13. Paleo Apple ‘Nachos’
14. Cauliflower Mini-hot-dogs
15. Wholefood Snack Bars
16. Cheesy BLT Bites
17. Avocado puree to replace butter
18. Brown rice cereal plus flax meal to replace Rice Crispies
19. Coconut flour, almond flour and flax seed Doritos
20. Marshmallow Fluff to replace frosting
21. Nuts, seeds, fruits, and coconut dip
22. Raspberry and strawberries fruit snacks made with Gelatin
23. Apple, strawberries and grapefruit healthy Fruit Leather
24. Rosemary Sea-salt Sweet Potato Chips
25. Natural peanut butter to replace normal peanut butter
26. Rosemary Fried Almonds
27. Zucchini Avocado Hummus
28. Vanilla should replace sugar
29. Greek yogurt power snack
30. Roasted Red Pepper
31. Mashed bananas to replace fats
32. Rice flours for flour
33. Nut flours to replace flour
34. Cucumber Watermelon Sandwiches
35. Chicken Stuffed Tomatoes
36. Coconut flour to replace flour
37. Curried Cashews
38. Meringue to replace frosting
39. Evaporated skim milk to replace cream
40. Stevia sweeteners to replace sugar
41. Beef Jerky
42. Prunes to replace butter
43. Cacao nibs to replace chocolate chips
44. Butternut Squash Dip
45. Chia seeds to replace butter
46. Bacon & Guacamole Sandwiches
47. Brown rice to replace white rice
48. Taro Chips
49. Quinoa to replace couscous
50. Zucchini ribbons to replace pasta
51. Unsweetened applesauce to replace sugar
52. Unsweetened applesauce to replace oil or butter
52. Almond flour to replace wheat flour
For more information checkout Spartan Fitness and Health