I’ve put together some ambitious fitness goals for 2013. The one I’m very excited about is completing an extremely rigorous home bodyweight workout program (P90X). I’ve never done a home body weight workout program before other than yoga.
Once I’m done with P90X, I’ll return to the gym with a renewed ferociousness for packing on some bulk. I expect to be really ripped by then so the balance of the year will be hitting the weights.
So, my ambitious full year fitness goals are as follows:
- Increase my bench press by 20%
- Able to do 30 wide grip pullups (I think P90X will help as I understand there’s quite a bit of pullup action in the program).
- Add 1/4 inch to my arms
- Add 1 inch to my chest
- Add 1 inch to my shoulders
- Drop 2 inches off of my waistline (approximately 15 pounds)
- Do one full yoga session each week (I’ll follow the P90X yoga routine during my P90X program).
- Stretch for 20 minutes every day (mini-yoga session)
- Swim 1 mile. My gym has a pool and I’ve started swimming a bit. I’m not sure I’ll complete this goal because I’m not wild about swimming … we’ll see.
- Move around for 5 to 10 minutes every 90 minutes during the workday. I write a lot for my livelihood, which means I end up sitting around a lot. I need to move around more throughout the day. I hope to incorporate more mini-sessions throughout the day.
NEW WORKOUT FOR EXPERIMENT
- Complete P90X in its entirety.
- Eliminate sugar before bed 6 days a week
- Eat one large salad a day
- While I do P90X I hope to follow the nutrition program closely. It’s a tough nutrition program, so we’ll see.