Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises
The gym is not the only option if you want to get fit, lose fat and gain muscle. There are many advantages of training at home doing bodyweight exercises. You'll never be locked into any specific range of motion (ROM), like you would be when doing the same, or similar movement on a machine.
The following 20 different bodyweight exercises are easier on the joints; these 20 movements are designed to hit every single muscle you got that's worth training. If you complete all 20 of these movements you will not only be able to improve your strength, but you will also lose fat and improve your athletic ability. It needs to be stressed that there are countless variations to all the movements briefly described below.
1. Squats: The best exercise for your whole body including your core, your quads, hamstrings and your glutes.
2. Push-Ups: Working your core, your chest, back and your arms.
3. Lying Hip Raises: Working glutes, hamstrings, back, inner thighs and abdominals.
4. Lunges: Working quads, back, glutes and hamstrings.
5. Planks: The plank is a key exercise to strength your core.
6. Crab Walk: Working triceps, glutes and plus coordination.
7. Single-Leg Squats Working quads, glutes, hamstrings, plus balance.
8. Spinal Balance: Working core.
9. Bicycle Crunches Bicycles: Working obliques and rectus abdominus.
10. Double Leg Lifts Working lower abdominals.
11. Side Lunges: Working all Tendons, muscle fibers, and ligaments plus core.
12. Burpees: Working cardio and strength for upper and the lower body.
13. Squat Jumps: Working to tone and strengthen the whole lower body; quads, glutes, hamstrings and core.
14. Sit-Ups: Working extra abdominal strength, arms legs and core.
15. Jumping Jacks: Working cardio, quads.
16. Mountain Climbers: Working cardio, abs and deep core stabilization.
17. Tuck Jumps: Working power, agility, and core.
18. Butt Kicks: Working cardio and quadriceps.
19. Frog Jumps: Working cardiovascular and lower body.
20. Plie Squats: Working lower-body.
For more information checkout The Lost Secrets of Bodyweight Training