7 High Protein Breakfast Ideas
I have a confession to make. I like cereal. I’m like Jerry Seinfeld; I admit it … I like the stuff.
What sucks about liking cereal is most of it is terrible for you, so I avoid it for the most part. And it’s just not the convenience of it … I actually like the taste of most cereals.
However, cereal is sugar and garbage carbs and very little protein. Dumping whey protein in the milk won’t make it much better, although it will increase the protein.
When I eat cereal for breakfast I crash mid afternoon. It never fails. When I eat eggs for breakfast I can rock and roll all day long.
My point is that breakfast can make a big difference in your energy levels throughout the day. Specifically, I find eating a protein-rich breakfast does wonders for me.
Here are 7 ways you can eat a great protein-rich breakfast
1. Eggs: I eat a ton of eggs … scrambled, fried or boiled. Sometimes I have 3 and other times up to 6. It doesn’t get any better than that.
2. Yogurt: Yogurt has a decent amount of protein and is great on-the-go with fruit and oats.
3. Cottage Cheese: I’m not into cottage cheese, but if you like it, you can hardly get started any better.
4. Steak and eggs: This is the protein monster breakfast when you have a half-hour or more in the morning. It doesn’t get much better for bodybuilders.
5. Smoothie with protein supplement: Perfect for when you have to run out of the door – mix it with milk, juice, water or milk. Add a banana, peanut butter, other fruit, cooked oatmeal … the sky is the limit.
6. High-Protein Muffins: Click here for the recipe … they’re the bomb and deliver a truckload of protein (51 grams of protein per serving).
7. High-Protein Pancakes: Click here for the recipe … tasty and loaded with protein (30 grams per serving).
Don’t forget, you can turn any low-protein meal into a high protein meal with protein supplements. However, don’t become reliant on protein supplements for every meal … it’s best to get as much protein as you can from real food.
For more information checkout Bodybuilding and Fitness Cookbook